Athletics offer students an opportunity to have fun, make new friends, learn teamwork and sportsmanship, and develop leadership and self-confidence. Sports help promote a healthy mind/healthy body balance.
At Pope Francis Global Academy, we offer opportunities to participate in athletics at different age levels, skill levels and interests. This allows students in grades four through eight to enjoy a wide range of sports with a talented coaching staff. Clinics will also be arranged for the younger students to develop their skills and foster a sense of teamwork. Students are able to choose from a variety of sports.
Fall Sports include:
- Cross Country - 4th - 8th
- Soccer 5th -8th
- Girls Basketball - 4th -8th
- Football - 5th - 8th
- Cheerleading (girls) - (Pee Wee Cheerleading - 2nd and 3rd, JV is 4th, 5th and 6th, and Varsity is 7th - 8th) Cheerleaders cheer at football games and compete in one or two competitions per year. Contact Kate Shewchuk for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Sports include:
- Boys Basketball - 4th - 8th
- Volleyball (boys and girls)
Spring Sports include:
- Track and Field (coed) - 3rd - 8th
- Softball (boys and girls) - 7th-8th
Contact Frank Monaco in you're interested in coaching or volunteering in any way, or if you have any questions.